My Life So Far

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Went To MATTA Fair For the 1st time !!!!

Matta Fair 2016 just ended a week or so ago.

This is the first time I went to a Matta Fair so I want to share some of my thoughts about it.

Well, me and my GF initially had plans to go to Korea in Dec 2016 because we have never experience winter before...

Personally I wanted to go Skiing  Badly....

It is something that I always wanted to.




Our intention is clear, we want to get CHEAP FLIGHTS FROM MATTA FAIR.

So, our goal is the get flights from KL to Seoul for dates in December.

This travelling time would be peak or super peak, so we were hoping for the best.

We might not get dirt cheap flights but at least, we hope to get a good bargain.




Somehow, our trip end up having 5 people instead of just us two.

So, we need to get 5 tickets.


From this experience, I want to share a few things that you can use if you are planning to get cheap flights from Matta Fair in the future.


1. Go Early 
You will stand better chance of getting cheaper price if you go early.

The prices of the flights will shoot up any moment.

Why? This is because cheaper flights are promotional flights and they are limited.

In my case, we were inquiring about Vietname Airlines flying from KL To Incheon.

Initially the price for the flight was RM 1064.

A few minutes later, it was RM  1460.

I hope you get the idea.

Once the promotional flights are out, you will have to pay more but still cheaper than regular flight that you buy from the airline website.


2. Plan your trip in small groups.
The best would be a trip for 2.

That will be ideal.

Why?

Because during our time there, we ask  a few booth and they gave us a good price.

For example, the flight from Vietnam Airlines i mentioned above.

If we were to buy only 2 tickets, we would have been able to get the tickets at RM 1064.

But because we had 5 people, there was insufficient promo seats.

hence,e the overall flight prices will be higher.

Maybe 2 tickets  cost RM 1064 and 3 tickets cost RM  1460.

Something like that....


3. Be flexible with your travelling dates
What i realize after visiting the Matta Fair is that you can definitely get cheap flights to your inention destination.

Most people will decide when they want to.

The decide the date first right.

Then, they look for flights for that dates...

Now, what you should be doing is to do the opposite.

You should just ask the guy or girl at the booth about the cheapest flight available.

Ask them for the dates for those flights and find a suitable return trip within that perimeter.

Like for case, If we travel in January, we would have been able to fly with MAS for RM 1163 per person.

But in the end, because of our dates which was in December and during the holiday period, we had to pay RM 1669 per flight.

In my opinion still a good deal because the day before I checked with MAS website, one way will cost RM 913.

So, we still got a pretty good deal.

But just imagine, if we are okay to travel in jan 2017, we could have got flights for RM 1163. that is RM 510 difference.


So remember, get the cheapest flights then decide on the dates....  :)

That is it from me.. Hope you guys get to travel to your ideal destinations..

I am looking forward for my trip.

Until next time...



Yours sincerely,

Justin

My Blog- My Justinnation
My Youtube Channel- YouTube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment